Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, June 10, 2011

This Week's Eats

So it's been a few days since I last posted, and in that time a few things have occurred. Let me start with earlier in the week when I managed to harvest some produce from my garden! Yes!

Some early spuds, some rocket and a couple of radishes. OK, I know it's not much, but it's a start.
So I decided to make a salad, and have the potatoes with it. As chance would have it both Laura and I had purchased some lovely tomatoes the other day at the Taste The Best Of... event at Biddenden Vineyards, so I used some of them too.



I hard-boiled some eggs and threw together some salad...


Topped with a drizzle of olive oil, some cracked black pepper, and some chopped lemon balm and applemint fresh from the garden.
Yum!

Yesterday we went to The William Caxton pub in Tenterden for a spot of lunch. Great decision, as it turns out. The new landlord Debbie seems to have really done a great job on the place. It was closed for a long time last year after the previous tenants moved out and there were rumours flying about what would become of the place. It's had its troubles over the years, but now seems destined for success if the food is any indication.

This is Laura's burger. That's it, sitting under that pile of massive onion rings and next to the mountain of enormous hand-cut (and very delicious) fries. It looks small comparatively speaking, but it was enormous too.
Sis had the All-Day Brunch, which again comes with mountainous fries and thick glorious wedges of toast.
I had the Roast Med Veg sandwich which comes open faced on two ciabatta, with a nice bowl of wild mixed greens...
...with which I had a bowl of cheesy fries. Mm mm mm.
All in all, I'd say a fabulous place to eat. I shall be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...