Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bit(e)s and Pieces

"It's been a long time
I shouldna left you
Without a strong rhyme to step to..."   -- Eric B. & Rakim


Yes, I apologise folks. I really do. I simply have not had that much to write about recently, foodwise. Not that I haven't been eating, mind. Oh, don't fret about that. I've been eating alright. Perhaps a little too much.

That's the trouble with this time of year, isn't it? As soon as the weather turns cold and the clocks change and it starts getting dark around 4 pm, we just want to go home and stay warm and consume mass quantities of comforting noms. And they're not always the healthy kind, are they? Oh no! It's like bring on the sugar and carbs!! load me up!  and before you know it your favourite trousers are, well, a little snug, shall we say.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to write a little bit about some of the new and delish morsels I've recently consumed with so much gusto. First up is a new flavour of yogurt, kindly provided by the yogurt boffins over at Ski Yogurt. It's a limited edition pack containing two flavours - vanilla (which I actually found to be a bit insipid) and Toffee Apple, which kicks butt!!


Very nice balance of the caramel toffee flavour and sweet apple. Delicious. Good one, Ski. Need to work on that Vanilla though.

Next is something I discovered a few weeks ago, in the pub of all places. Brannigan's Crisps are made by KP snacks, which became part of United Biscuits back in '68. United also manufacture McCoy's Crisps, which are ridged, and very nice, as well as usually cheaper than most other brands. But I digress. I like Brannigan's because they are a nice thick cut, and the flavours are fab. The two I've tried so far are...

Lovely Roast Beef and Mustard...

Smoked Ham & Pickle - yum.
However, there is one variety I have not yet tasted and I cannot wait to get my hands on a bag.

Oh my.
It's the little things in life, I know.

Lastly I had this little titbit brought home for me from Waitrose the other day...

Yes, it's a brioche. But when I bit into it, a sweet pocket of raspberry jam was inside, oozing with fruity yumminess. Oh heck yeah. If you're in Waitrose, ya gotta get some of these 'brioches a tête' as they are known. But wait until the end of the day when they start marking stuff down, because Waitrose is great, but expensive.

Kooshti Sante!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...