Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Quinoa, Cheddar & Zucchini Bake: Adapted


 Laura saw this recipe via Facebook the other day, on the page of The Fountain Avenue Kitchen. She asked me to make it and so I did. Here's the original recipe: http://fountainavenuekitchen.com/quinoa-cheddar-and-zucchini-bake/

However, I adapted it. I skipped the milk part from the recipe, figuring that the liquid content of the courgettes (zucchini) would be enough. It was. I also didn't use straight quinoa, I used a Waitrose blend of quinoa and bulgar wheat. To the quinoa mix (which I toasted with olive oil before adding any liquid) I threw in some baby spinach I had left.

I just blended the eggs, zucchini, mixed dried herbs, cheese, salt and pepper together.


Added that mix to the red onion. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup minced onion but I say, onions rule! So I used a whole medium red onion, diced.

Added a whole chopped orange bell pepper to the quinoa and spinach.

Mixed the whole shebang together in my baking dish, and topped with the sliced zucchini I had reserved.

Added the rest of the cheese to that.


Baked about 40 mins at 180 C.




Mmmmm mmmm! Good stuff!

Kooshti sante!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...