Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, August 16, 2010

If You Go Down In The Woods Today...

Yes, I was skipping.


Today Sis and I decided to visit Challock, ostensibly to go for a walk in the woods, in which there are some art installations (see album at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=198216&id=576789334&l=15c424385a, and while you are at it, add me as a friend, won'tcha? ). While in Challock, though, we were fortunate enough to visit The Barn Shop where we did a little shopping. Here for your delectation and delight, are some piccies I took.






Even though it is fairly childish humour, the first thing I saw amused me because of its name emblazoned on the front. For those who do not know, Tits are birds.
Had to take a picture of this 'Tit Box'.
Here they are:
Left to right: The Coal Tit, the Great Tit, and the Blue Tit. See?
Next to the Tit Box was something I found mildly whimsical:


Once inside I took pics of a few choice items:
Yummy cookies...

Kinda like a rice krispie treat, but made with chocolate instead of marshmallows. A true taste of my childhood. They used to serve these as dessert in school.

Remember a few weeks back I talked about rapeseed oil from Quex Foods? Here's the link if you have forgotten: 

These sounded awesome, but I have yet to try some.

Similar concept to the rice krispie one, but using cornflakes instead. Yumm.

We bought some of these, and they were fab. There is a little caramel pocket inside so when you bite into it a little oozes into your mouth for that extra toffee flavour. 

It's been a while since I've had this stuff, and it is wickedly good. Good as a marinade, a dressing, a BBQ basting sauce, a dip for crudités... anything you can think of. I always grilled salmon with it. You can buy it online at: 

Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...