Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Get Corny Now

So like I said, it's been a while, and folks, I haven't forgotten - Name This Food  needs to be continued. I just cannot leave you all hanging. Of course I am sure most of you knew the answer -  it's good ol' CORN.




Corn, or to be technically correct, maize, is a grain which has been domesticated and grown from prehistoric times. And no wonder - it's dead easy to grow, and simple to prepare, and wonderfully versatile. I mean, I could go on and on about what can be made from it or with it, but I'd probably be preaching to the choir. As a plant it is the most widely grown crop in the Americas.

In fact, it is so easy to grow you can even grow your own. That's what I'm planning to do this year. No land? You can grow it in a big container on your patio. C'mon, I dare you to do it. It's pretty much foolproof, so why not? What's stopping you?

I'll just leave you with the next poser...

Name This Food!
Oh... and Kooshti Sante!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...