Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pulling Mussels

I decided today to have a bite of lunch at Cafe Rouge, for two reasons. Firstly, my girlfriend Laura had not eaten there (except once, a long time ago). Second, I had a coupon! Yes, my chums, and if you hurry, you can get one too, at http://www.caferougeoffers.co.uk/. This current 2 for 1 on main meals offer expires on the 28th.

Alright, here are the pics. First of all I want to say that they've really done an amazing job of making the interior look authentically French.







Of course the meal began with my ubiquitous coffee.


Oh, and a little bread. Even the butter is French.


Laura had a delicious Boeuf Bourguignon...


I was going to have an 8oz rare steak, the Bavette, but they had just sold the last one. As always, though, I had a backup, so I wasn't disappointed. Mussels it was. There were three choices - classic Moules Marinière, the spicy tomatoey Moules Provençal, or my choice, the Asian-influenced Moules Thailandaise...



Yum. An easy 5 yums out of 5. Delicate, with flavours of coconut milk, lemongrass, coriander and lime and a chili kick to finish. After I ate them all I mopped up the sauce with about half a baguette. Completely delish, and with the coupon, this one-kilo serving was free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...