Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chinese and Coffee

Went on a trip to Ashford on Thursday, and during the morning a coffee was called for, so we went, the girlfriend and I, to Muffin Break. Very nice place, quite cosy.


Loads of muffins, in some dead exotic flavours. Mango. Pineapple. Caramel. Mars Bar. Mars Bar!?! Yes.


More baked goods than one can shake a stick at.

Happy smiley mug.
 We ate at Yeung's Oriental Buffet for lunch, and of course it being a buffet, you have to eat as much as possible to make it worthwhile, otherwise what's the point, right? Yeung's had a ton of delicious foods to choose from, as evinced by the pic below of plate load number one (I had three...)

Chicken with black bean sauce, Special Chow Mein, Crab Stick, Pork Ball, Beef in Mushroom Sauce...

Dessert menu.
 Then it was time for another latte after a while...



Loved the name of this Fish and Chip Shop.


Was quite perturbed by the idea of cranberries being involved in a 'Taste Of The Deep South'



When we got home we were in the mood for Fish & Chips. However, in town we discovered the local Chip Shop had a line out the door, so we went to... the Chinese Restaurant and got some takeout. Yes, that's right, I had Chinese twice in one day. Do not judge me.

When I got home I cracked open a nice bottle of wine from the fridge.

Bought this little beauty from Lidl's in Ashford, for the princely sum of £3.49.  Great wine, awesome price.

Here's my plate of Chinese. Sweet & Sour Pork Balls, Special Fried Rice, Prawn & Cashews, and a bit of Chicken & Mushroom, with some lovely Prawn Crackers. Mmmmm.

So do I regret eating Chinese food twice in one day? Hell, no.

2 comments:

  1. I love Chinese buffets!

    That pic of you and the latte is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a fan of 1/15 coffee. Fantastic coffee and fantastic fitout of the shop. A bit pricey in my view as they are in line with Western prices, but you do have to pay for quality I suppose. And you do get it at 1/15.buy business in Calgary

    ReplyDelete

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...