Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Food Roundup

Hi folks. Had a lot of cool food stuff happen this last week, during which I have had the cold from Hell, but nevertheless, we press on gamely.

Last Sunday we had a lovely BBQ (for photos, see Garden Party), and several of our guests brought food, wine and desserts. However, we didn't get through the desserts very fast which means we had a lot of desserts to get through during the week... here's some...

Mmmm, chocolate fondant torte...

I bought some lovely cheeses..


My girlfriend brought a delightful dessert with her last night... she's the best :-)

My Sis and I went to eat lunch at Bloomsbury's in Biddenden yesterday. Lovely place...





Nice coffee, great lil biscotti.


My fishy platter... smoked salmon, cured sardines, anchovy-wrapped olives, a mixed olive, sundried tomato and onion bowl, salad, and some lemon-basil hummus. With crostini. Oooh-ee.

Sis had a lovely quiche lorraine with coleslaw, new potatoes, salad, hummus, wow. Good good.

Anchovy-wrapped olives.


More to follow...

2 comments:

  1. I DO NOT need to read your blog when I am hungry for dinner...I smell roasted turkey in the oven and your pictures are making me twice as hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you, Angie, do not need to be teasing me with all that "I smell roasted turkey in the oven" talk! Btw I hope you have some nice roast spuds and Yorkshires to go with it!

    ReplyDelete

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...